Brompton is thrilled to be launching Brompton Electric folding ebike in Singapore, exclusively available in-store at Brompton Junction Singapore.
Before hitting the road, there are a few terms, conditions and requirements that PAB riders should be aware of.
What is a PAB?
PAB, or power-assisted bicycle, are bicycles with an added battery-powered motor to give you an extra boost when you need it. All PAB riders in Singapore must pass a mandatory theory test before riding.
Who is LTA?
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) plans, designs, builds and maintains Singapore’s land transport infrastructure and systems. Learn more about LTA and their work here.
Where can you ride your PAB?
Paths and roads are shared spaces, so riders must consider the safety of fellow travellers at all times. LTA are dedicated to building a culture of respect and courtesy for all commuters, whilst encouraging alternative modes of transport.
In Singapore, PAB riders must follow the below requirements:
- Travel on cycling paths marked with “Cyclist” or “PCN” logos and roads (except for expressways and road tunnels) only.
- PAB riders must be over the age of 16.
- A mandatory theory test for PAB must be passed (more info can be found here)
- Protective gear must be worn when riding a PAB.
Registering your PAB
To ensure that PABs are safe for both the rider and other road users, the LTA requires that all models are registered.
- You must register your PAB before riding it. If you’re over 16, you can do that here.
- PABs must also be type-approved, sealed and registered before they can be used on cycling paths and public roads in Singapore.
- Your PAB must meet all technical requirements in order to be registered. If you are purchasing a registered PAB from a retailer, the retailer will transfer the registration to your name.
What you need to know about Brompton Electric
Brompton Electric is a folding electric ebike, committed to meeting all LTA requirements:
- Brompton Electric has been type-approved, sealed and registered.
- Brompton Singapore will transfer the registration to your name so that you can use your PAB on cycling paths and public roads. We will initiate the transfer process online within 7 calendar days of purchase. You will have 5 calendar days to confirm the transfer.
- Brompton Electric has met all technical requirements outlined by LTA, so it can be bought and registered for use.
All registered Brompton Electric bikes are covered with our 7-year warranty. They can also be serviced at accredited Brompton Electric retailers - to keep you on the road for longer.